Have You Suffered Injuries At The Hand Of A Doctor? 4 Steps To Take If You Suspect Medical Malpractice

If you've been injured by a doctor, you may have been the victim of medical malpractice. If that's the case, you could be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. To make sure that your rights are protected, there are certain states you'll need to take. Here are four steps you should take to if you've been the victim of medical malpractice.

Keep a File of Your Medical Records

If you've suffered injuries due to the treatment you received from a doctor, you should gather your medical records as soon as possible. Not only should you obtain the records from the doctor who potentially caused the injuries, you should also gather records from all medical care providers, including lab reports, X-rays, etc. These records will help you prove your case should you choose to file a lawsuit for your injuries. Be sure to keep your records current. That means you should obtain copies of records for each subsequent treatment you receive.

Arrange for a New Doctor

If you believe your doctor has caused you to suffer injuries due to medical malpractice, you'll need to find a new doctor. Advise your new doctor of the care you had been receiving from your previous health care provider. Not only will your new doctor be able to provide you with the care you need for your pre-existing condition, but they'll also be able to help you with the injuries you sustained from your previous doctor. It's a good idea to keep a journal pertaining to the symptoms you're experiencing.

Document Your Injuries

If you've suffered injuries at the hand of a doctor who was providing you care, it's important that you document those injuries. Begin keeping a journal, detailing the day-to-day struggles that your injuries have caused you. This should include the pain you suffer, as well as how your injuries prevent you from carrying out your normal activities. In addition, you should also document how your condition suffered as a result of the care you received from your previous physician.

Seek Legal Representation

If you believe you're the victim of medical malpractice, you need to speak to an attorney from a firm like Blomberg Benson & Garrett as soon as possible. Be sure to bring your medical records with you to your appointment. It's also important that you bring your injury journal with you. Your attorney will you receive the compensation you're entitled to for the injuries you've sustained.